December 1, 2009 - 4 weeks, 3 days
After days of suspecting something was up, Aaron and I finally agreed to take the test this morning. I tossed and turned practically all night (didn't fall asleep until 11:30, woke up about a dozen times, and woke up for good at 4:30) awaiting the alarm's buzz at 6 a.m., which was the time I took my temperature every morning for the past 5 months. My temperature had been cruising around 97.8 for the past 13 days, so I knew from all of my research that another day of a high temperature could signify what I'd been hoping for. My shaky, anxious hand reached for the thermometer. I waited the 20 seconds or so for the beep to let me know what my temperature was, and when I looked, I was pleasantly surprised to see a 98.4! I knew this possibly meant I was reaching the "triphasic temperature pattern" that was talked about in the fertility books and websites, which furthered my hopeful anxiety that this was really happening. Aaron sat up and said "are you ready?" and I went right for the door and into the bathroom. I grabbed the plastic package that contained the test, hands still shaking, and struggled to open the darned thing. I tried opening it with my mouth, and it still wouldn't rip. I ran out into the kitchen in a near panic and grabbed a pair of scissors. Finally, success at opening the test! I sat down on toilet and prepared myself for the most 2 1/2 nerve-wracking minutes of my life. I peed onto the stick, hands still shaking, counting to 5 with 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi...I placed the cap back on the test, put it on the bathroom counter, and walked out of the bathroom trying not to peek at the results. I sat down at the top of the steps, head between my knees, waiting for the time on my cell phone to switch to 6:07. Aaron sat silently across from me awaiting the results. My phone switched to 6:07, Aaron and I stood up, and I reached up to Aaron, gave him a hug and said "I love you." We walked into the bathroom together, and waiting for us with open arms was the "+" we were aching to see! We are pregnant!! Pregnant!!! My hands immediately went to my mouth, Aaron's jaw dropped, and before we knew it, we were jumping up and down screaming! Alas, the start to our baby journey begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This brought tears to my eyes! Best story and after the day I am having I needed to hear a something good! I remember that moment - it really is the longest 2 minutes ever! And well now you have to wait 40 weeks to meet the little boy or girl but all the waiting is totally worth! You guys are gonna love the journey and I can't wait to hear about it along the way!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay is right! You two are going to be amazing parents. No question about it. Sooo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm otally tearing up, really brought me back. Great story, I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great story! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete