Friday, February 19, 2010

So, please ignore my see-through tank top and homely appearance. Lets just say I won't be winning a beauty contest anytime soon (is that a double chin I see in the horizon? I sure hope not!). Anywho, enough with the self put downs. I truly am happier than I've ever been right now, and I have my baby and husband to thank for that!!

This is a picture of me at the start of my 16th week. Not showing a ton yet, but definitely feeling like there's something starting to grow in there. I only have a few pairs of my original pants that still fit, and thats because they were either stretchy or too big to begin with. Maternity pants are definitely going to be joining the clothing rotation within the next week. Thanks to Alicia, I have a TON of great maternity clothing options to choose from and will feel like I can still look decent while my body continues to grow. I am sooo excited for when I can look down and see a definite pregnant belly before me. I have a feeling that is just a couple weeks away, considering the rate at which my stomach has grown over the last 2 weeks. Something I'm even more excited for - feeling the baby move/kick for the first time! The books say that I should be able to feel this sometime between 16 - 20 weeks, so I'm always feeling my belly for a little movement or "fluttering" feeling!! We have our next appointment this Tuesday, so I am very excited to hear the heartbeat again. I plan on recording the sound of the heartbeat with my cellphone so I can listen to it whenever I want!!! :)

The rest of my life has been going pretty decent. As I've been starting to feel better, I've been able to go out to dinner with friends more often and have also been out to enjoy the warmer weather with Reesie. I must admit, I am not walking/exercising nearly as often as I should be, but I have a feeling that as the weather continues to improve, I'll be outside as much as I can be! Class is going okay - I continue to question why I made the choice to take 12 graduate credits while going through my first pregnancy, but I have a feeling I'll be happy I did it in the end when I'm able to move up a lane on the payscale and have more qualifications under my belt!! Work has been good, but I've got a parent thats really bringing me down (yup, the same one thats been bringing me down for the last 1 1/2 years). The thing that I admire about general education teachers is that they get to say "buh-bye" to the nasty parents at the end of every year, whereas special education teachers could potentially work with the same family for up to 6 years (if you start with them in kindergarten). I love this child that I work with, but the parent makes me question why I come to work every day. It does make me feel better that every other staff member who works with this parent has the exact same feelings as me, but it doesn't erase the fact that I feel so disrespected and worthless every time I have to communicate with this person. You'd think I was this person's servant and not this person's child's teacher. One thing I've learned from this experience - I will never, ever treat my child's teachers the way this person has treated me!

Okay, I think thats it! Next time I blog I may have some ultrasound pictures to post!! Can't wait!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You look so cute! You should check out my 16 week pic on facebook...I was huge compared to you! You are getting so close to the half way mark already...exciting! You are awesome for taking classes while pregnant. I have no clue how you do it. My whole first trimester I was asleep by like 6-7pm most night because I had no energy left after teaching. Miss you lots! I will start blogging soon...I have so much to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby bump - yay! You look great in that picture. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and things are going well! Sounds like you are quite busy with class and work...at least that means that Baby Pierce will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... you are adorable. I can't wait to see the belly grow in the next few months! Also, I love love love your hair. Just so you know.

    And exercise becomes so much easier when the weather is nicer, Dan and I went for walks like 3-4 times a week for the last half of my pregnancy. I swear I was in amazing shape by the time I had that baby. My legs and butt had never looked better than when I was like 3 weeks post partum. These days however, not so much. ;) I've exercised once since Gus was born. Thank God for breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete